The need for speed
Attention spans are getting shorter as many websites are becoming slower. Research shows that even a delay of 2-3 seconds in loading a web page will send visitors away. If you turn away visitors you're turning away potential customers.
Why is my site slow?
This could be down to your web server, your website or a combination of both.
Thankfully there are inexpensive and reliable web servers available. If you're unsure where the problem lies you could ask me to run an audit on your server or site - please get in touch.
As far as your website goes it could be:
- outdated code;
- too many files (scripts or stylesheets);
- un-optimised images;
- too much traffic
.. to name a few common reasons.
What can I do about it?
- Test your website on PageSpeed Insights.
- If your site scores 0-49 (slow) you need help - please get in touch.
- If your site scores 50-89 (average) you could still benefit from some help - please get in touch.
- Or ask me to run a full audit of your site - get in touch.